The Betrayal Bond
Time & Location
About the Event
We will utilize Patrick Carne's book, Betrayal Bond, to process our experiences with betrayal and the effects of pornography, adultery, and sex addiction from a significant other. You can grab your copy here.*
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For seventeen years The Betrayal Bond has been the primary source for therapists and patients wrestling the effects of emotional pain and harm caused by exploitation from someone they trusted.
Divorce, litigation, incest and child abuse, domestic violence, kidnapping, professional exploitation and religious abuse are all areas of trauma bonding. These are situations and relationships of incredible intensity or importance lend themselves more easily to an exploitation of trust or power.
In The Betrayal Bond, Dr. Carnes presents an in-depth study of these relationships; why they form, who is most susceptible, and how they become so powerful. Dr. Carnes also gives a clear explanation of the bond that compels people to tolerate the intolerable, and for the first time, maps out the brain connection that makes being with hurtful people comparable to 'a drug of choice.' Most importantly, Carnes provides practical steps to identify compulsive attachment patterns and ultimately to change or end them for good.
This new edition includes:
- New science for understanding how our brains can make a prison of bad relationships
- New assessments and insights based on 50,000 research participants
- A new section utilizing the latest findings in attachment research and narrative therapy to concretely rewrite and rescript bad experiences
- A redefinition of the factors contributing to addictive relationships
- The Betrayal Bond - Discount$128$1280$0
- The Betrayal Bond$160$1600$0